The Yeti, also known as the Abominable Snowman, is purported to live in the Himalayan regions of Tibet and Nepal. It is a large cryptid, generally portrayed as being covered in white fur or hair.
Myths and Legends
The Yeti, appears under various names in legends from Mongolia to Nepal but is often portrayed the same.
The Yeti entered popular Western culture in the 19th century, but was originally a part of the culture and mythology of the inhabitants of the Himalayas, with some groups worshiping or revering the Yeti as a nature spirit. It is also referred to as the Abominable Snowman, a term first coined in 1921 by Lieutenant-Colonel Charles Howard-Bury, leader of the joint Alpine Club and Royal Geographical Society "Everest Reconnaissance Expedition".
It is often portrayed as a tall, ape-like figure covered in white hair or fur. It also often has large teeth and claws.
- Loonytunes (Hugo)
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Bumble)
- Scooby-Doo (Yeti)
- The Secret Saturdays (Yeti)
- Summer Camp Island (Yeti)
- A Yeti appears in many Disney and Pixar films
- Chill Out, Scooby-Doo (The Abominable Snowman)
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
- Plants vs Zombies (Zombie Yeti)
- Spyro (Yeti)
- Skylanders (Yeti)
- Super Mario Odyssey (Shiverian)
- Lil' Alchemist (Yeti Card)